Saturday 19 September 2015

Demotivational Banner Alternative Method

In the post I made last week, I posted tutorial on how to make your own demotivational banner, to add to your walls.  After I made the first one, I made a second one with a slightly different method.  So this is just a quick post on how to make an alternative method of making the banner.




Most of the steps and general concept are the same. I started by taking some black paint and writing "Meh.".  That's what my roommate suggested I do and I relate to the sentiment.  I free handed it and hoped that I wasn't going to it mess up.  If I did all I could say was: Meh.  



Next I took my dowel and folded my felt over.  With some iron on hemming tape, I ironed on the edge to fuse the two sides together.  It might not be as permanent as sewing the piece together, but I believe this is a good alternative if you don't have a sewing machine or patience to sew.     


I wanted a different bottom for this banner so I took a cake pan and traced the shape (its diameter is the same as the width of a 8 1/2 by 11 piece of felt. 



I did the rest of the steps as in the other tutorial and Voila! 



I hope this gives you inspiration for others ways to make this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment