Monday 27 August 2012

Way past midsummer...

Bonjour!

It is now the last week of summer before I'm off to Ottawa for school.   I finished my summer job.  Now I have my days all free!  Which is fantastic, but unfortunately, they will mostly be filled with packing.

On the weekend I finished this lovely "The Amazing Spider-Man" inspired hat.  I haven't seen the movie yet, but I was somewhere on the internet and saw this picture.  I fell in love with the hat Emma Stone was wearing.

I would have tried to do it myself, but before this project, I had no clue how to do the zig-zags (i don't know if that is what you call it) or the puffs (that I now know are called bobbles).  I did a little googling and found this cute ravelry pattern.  I really like the pattern, it was easy to follow. The "b" should be "mb" (make bobble), I was a little confused when I first read it.  I did do an extra zig-zag chuck than the pattern had, to make it more like a beanie and less like a tuque. 

It toke me about two weeks, as you can tell, it is not the same color as what Emma Stone was wearing.  This  blue is a really soft acrylic that my friend picked out for a hat I made her.  I had left overs and after this I still do and might make a cup cozy with it. 


Here we are:

The Front

The Back


I think it turned out really well.  I haven't been able to wear it very must because it is makes my head all hot.  So it will be prefect for fall and early winter. 

That pretty much it for now. 

Much love, 

Zoe 

No comments:

Post a Comment