Friday 26 April 2013

4KCBDAY5 Something A Bit Different


Day 5 of Knitting and Crochet Blogging week, so for something a bit different 


THIS IS MY HAUL
whattttt..........

Sorry, not sorry, for the Lizzie Bennet Diary's reference, if you haven't heard of it you should check it out on youtube and cancel any plans you had for the weekend.  

So today I went to the Creativ Festival in Toronto, which was supper fun.  It was really busy and it was nice to see so many crafters in one location.


I got a couple things but over all I think I showed high levels of self control, I could have gotten a lot more.  I mean a lot....

Also here's some pictures of stuff I saw at the show....





 

So now to the haul....

First thing I got was a drop spindle,  with starter fibers.  As you can tell I started using already, it is my first time trying it, and I think I'm doing pretty well.   I got this set containing the spindle and two colors of fibers for ten dollars from the Ontario Handweavers and Spinners, which is a organization that works with guilds and stuff throughout Ontario.

 



Next I got this beautiful 80% merino 20% soy (yeah i didn't know you can make yarn out of that) blend from Farmable Fibres, for 3 dollars.  The lady that was running the both was fantastic and so nice.  If I can I will totally buy from her again. I also learn that yarn is being made out of bananas and corn, which is super cool, plus the banana fibers were super soft. 


 After the show I went to a tent sale at this yarn store in the downtown core of Toronto, I can't remember the places name but its has so much yarn, and so inexpensive.  I went there last year and I got about double this, so I showed so much control in there,  I ended up with 14 balls for about 30$, so a little over 2 dollars a ball.

Anyways I hope this counts as something different, I was busy today and almost forgot to post, but I'm over half way through the week I want to finish it. 

Always,
 Zoe 



No comments:

Post a Comment